Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Anime eyes!


Okay so we all knew I was going to buy this. 
I mean it's got the word manga in it. It was always going to happen.

I didn't even do my usual thing of scouring beauty blogs and youtube reviews before purchasing. I was at work and I received one of those annoying text messages from o2 that promote local offers and the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara happened to be on there (as Boots and Superdrug had it at the introductory offer of £5.99). So I checked out the link, took one look at the marketing campaign - cartoon pandas, Barbara Palvin looking stunning - yep L'Oreal, you got me good and proper. I mean, who doesn't want anime eyes, c'mon!? 

So I went straight to Superdrug after work to bag me one. They were promoting the hell out of it; there must have been a point of sale for the mascara at the end of every aisle and till. They had run out of the Turqouise and Violet shades, but that was probably for the best because if they had been there I would have no doubt bought them on a whim, even though I only ever use black mascaras.

And the results...

(photograph 1: before mascara application, photographs 2 & 3: after mascara application)

I freaking love this stuff! I'm really, really impressed with this product. The amount of times I've stepped out of my safety zone with mascaras and been bitterly disappointed, it's brilliant to find one that actually does what it says on the tin and at a bargain price! It's not the best mascara I've tried in regards to volumising despite the packaging boasting 'mega volume,' but the wand itself is fantastic at seperating and lengthening the lashes and I just applied a second coat to get the volume I desired. And just look at my bottom lashes! I've managed to get great coverage on them without getting any black smudges under my eyes; double thumbs up as this is a major problem I have with the Maybelline or MAC mascaras I'm so fond of due to the wands being quite chunky. The wand on the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara is also flexible which I think is one of the reasons why the lashes get such good coverage if you use a zig-zag motion when applying. Once dry, the mascara isn't flaky or clumpy and my lashes still feel flexible and 'bounce back' when I touch them, not at all like they are going to break or stick together.

I won't waffle on any longer about how much I like this product, the photos speak for themselves. I can see this definitely being in my January favourites video..

No comments:

Post a Comment