Pages

Saturday 25 January 2014

Super quick falsies!


Apologies for the lack of blog posts over the past week, I've been a busy bee! Lots of exciting things happening, which I can't talk about yet but you'll find out soon... I promise! 

Today I thought I'd show you my really quick and easy way to apply false lashes. I rarely wear falsies for a number of reasons, mostly due to (lack of) time and money and the fact that I wear glasses and can't stand when the false lashes brush against the lenses when I blink - it's super annoying! Also I have naturally long eyelashes anyway, so I don't feel the need to apply falsies, but every now and again I will wear them for a more dramatic make-up look on a night out/special occasion..
What you will need: A pair of scissors, eyelash glue and one false eyelash (and eyelash curlers if you prefer to use them in your routine). Here comes the genius part...

 
Cut the eyelash in half, as demonstrated by my glamourous assistant Robbie. Now, I do this for two reasons. Firstly because, as I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I have issues with false lashes as they bash against my glasses when I blink and it's irritating as hell and this reduces that. Secondly, it is so much easier to apply these 'half-lashes' than trying to get a full lash stuck on your eyelid, and this is all about being quick and simple...

 
Get your face sorted with your base make-up and eyeshadow look and apply an eyeliner on your top lid. I use the 2true Effortless Eyeliner in black which you can pick up for next to nothing from Superdrug.

 
Apply your eyelash glue to the strip on the lash and leave for 30-60 seconds until it becomes sticky. I use the Eylure Lashfix Strip Lash Adhesive, this is also super cheap on the highstreet. Using your fingers or tweezers, apply the false lash to the outer half of your eyelid, making sure the longer lashes are the right way and that they are as close to your own lashline as possible. Hold in place for a few seconds and let the glue dry for 2-5 minutes before applying your favourite mascara to your top and bottom lashes to complete the look.

 
Tadaa! And you're done. Like I said this is just a quick and easy method I personally use to achieve a simple winged eyelash look. For a more effective 'flick' on the lashes I would definitely recommend using an eyelash curler - but I seem to have misplaced mine, oh nooo.

Let me know if you found this post helpful in the comments down below, and share some of your falsie tips, tricks and issues!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Great tip there :D!!

    Like yourself I have long lashes naturally, so I don't wear false lashes a lot. But when I do I always make sure they are cut down to suit my eye size. No one wants over lapping lashes!

    Sian
    xo

    http://sm-beautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete