Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Glasses at home [part 2]

So I got my second set of home trial glasses this week; much excite! I was far more impressed with this bunch of frames than the last lot I ordered, so much so that I'm actually struggling to pick which pair I prefer. Luckily, after contacting Glasses Direct about the mistake with my previous home trial order, they have kindly offered to extend the January 50% discount for me - all the more reason to feed my glasses addiction!?

The first pair pictured are from their Cosmopolitan range. When I initially got them out of the packaging I thought "Oh god, these are huuuge" and was expecting them to be way too large for my face shape. But these are actually my overall favourite frames from both home trials and I will definitely be purchasing them; I love the bright colours and frame shape, they really are a statement accessory which is right up my street. The second pair (Cosmopolitan range again!) I'm still unsure about. I adore the deep red colour, I'm all about red glasses as you know, but I can't make my mind up about the frame style. Even though they are a similar size to the previous pair, these do look slightly too large on my face, so I think I'll be giving these a miss. The third pair is from the Lucky Brand range, and although the frame shape isn't something I'd usually go for; I can't resist the gorgeous and unique colours of these glasses! The tortoiseshell is really distinctive and is complimented perfectly by the bright pink on the arms. The final pair had me from the word go, as they have leopard print detailing on the inside of the frames... I'm such a sucker for leopard print. I don't even care that it can't be seen when the frames are being worn, I know it's there, that's enough for me. Aside from that, the frames are a beautiful dark purple and in a retro shape without looking too Dame Edna. So far I have decided to order pairs 1, 3 and 4 from this post and the pair I favoured in my part 1 post. Unless my finances conscience kicks in and I decide to just get two pairs... but which ones?!

To see my initial reaction at trying these glasses on check out the video on my YouTube channel:

2 comments:

  1. Loved the video and post Nessa! I love the first 2 pairs!!!!

    Sian
    xo

    http://sm-beautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete